Saturday, July 11, 2009

Joe to the rescue!!!

Joe and I have been blessed with a truck that belonged to his Dad, and it saves us TONS of money each month in car payments and insurance costs alone. We are so grateful to have our cute little truck, which we affectionately call "B3000 (its actual name) or just "B". Now B hit 100K miles last month, right when I pulled into the driveway after my trip to Florida for Kris' (my adorably pregnant sister-in-law) baby shower.

The next morning, with 100,002 miles on it, I cranked the engine over and it started squeaking. It sounded like a belt. Joe checked it out and fixed the belt, and that squeaking went away. There seemed to be another squeak now and then from somewhere else, but we couldn't pin it down. So we let it be and it would squeak off and on for the next three weeks.

Cut to last Thursday morning, when on my way to work, B decided he didn't want to run any more. Just like that, I was all out of power and coasting to the side of the road.

The truck would not stay running, and I couldn't reach Joe by phone, so I walked the 2 miles home and got Joe up out of bed. After looking at it, he noticed that he could it get it to keep running by tapping on a manifold thing. Basically, that some sort of box on the middle of the engine. Joe suggested that we take it to AutoZone, since they do a free diagnostic check. Turns out this Idle Air thing-a-ma-bob was dirty, built up carbon power. So we took B home and Joe cleaned it out with some spray that we already had. And guess what? IT'S FIXED!!!! For FREE!!!!

This isn't the first time that Joe has fixed my truck. We had a mass air flow sensor die on it, and Joe was able to fix it for $120, when the mechanic wanted $300 to fix it! Not to mention that Joe does all the fluid and tire checks for me, and also changes my oil. He does all of the maintenance on it too, which saves us SO MUCH money!

Its great to have my own personal mechanic, who just happens to be really cute too! What more could a girl ask for? Well, other than breakfast in bed, nothing really!

1 comment: