Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Imaginary Trip: Day 4. Graduation Day!

The whole reason we came to California: my sister's high school graduation! Oh heck! After grabbing "breakfast" at (where else, Starbucks)Joe, my mother and I make our way to the high school to watch my sister proudly walk the stage. My sister Ashlee meets us there, and unlike Jess' 8th grade graduation, we won't embarrass her by heckling her from the stands. (That day was awesome!). Joe and I look dashing, don't you think?



Of course, after the graduation is where the fun starts. We get to indulge with lunch at.....wait for it... The Olive Garden, aka the restaurant you have to go to for Mother's Day, Graduations, Grandparents are in town, Girls Day Out, and other random events, which is why Olive Garden always has a 2 hour wait. Uh. Anyway, after lots of breadsticks and photos and snalcks at home, Jess is off to Sober Grad Night (emphasis on the sober) and Joe and I will settle in at home with my mom to watch a movie. Mom has a hard time with us growing up, so we will distract her. What's on the screen? Mother, mother, why do you do this to us? It's (of course) a Lifetime movie. "Tragedy in Texas: A Family's Pain" is on tonight. This one is about a small town in Texas where one family looses 2 children in a white water rafting accident. They struggle with their loss and then they decide to adopt twin sisters that lost their parents in a rafting accident as well. All sorts of drama happens, and it's boring. Starring that dude who was Joey from Blossom. Yeah, good choice Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment