Monday, August 3, 2009

Somebody Save Me

Joe and I spend most weekends watching one of our favorite shows "Smallville", which is about Clark Kent (aka Superman) growing up in Kansas. It shows how he got his powers, how he met up with the Justice League (Superhero club) and how he and Lex Luthor (Bald Billionaire Baddie) became enemies. Joe had watched a few seasons before, and I had never watched it. I thought I would give it a shot, and I love it.

It has great special effects, good stories (most of the time) and really good emotional and action scenes too. Joe and I are almost finished with the 7th season, and season 8 just ended, so we are almost out of stories. But I am really digging the Superman mythology. I have never before watched a Superman movie. So yeah, I watched "Superman Returns" but that doesn't count. I hated it. Smallville does a great job about making you care about Clark as a person, you want him to do well, you want him to be the hero. Good stuff. Oh, and you can't go wrong when you have eye candy for both the ladies and the fellas.

Apparently there are no ugly people in Smallville's Kansas:

Chloe Sullivan, Clark's best friend and Joe's favorite chick:


Lois Lane, Clark's eventual love:


Kara Kent, Clark's cousin from Krypton (and yes, she dresses like that normally):


And for the ladies, the guys aren't too bad either:

Oliver Queen (aka the Green Arrow) Clark's rich crime fighter friend (Sorry, I had to do the topless one, Joe and I had a laugh about it last night:


And of course, Clark Kent, Superman:

1 comment: