Thursday, August 6, 2009

Let's go on an imaginary trip....

I like to plan things. I give events way too much thought. But hey, it's fun for me. So, let's go on an imaginary trip, shall we? It's June 2010, and Joe and I are getting ready to fly to California for my sister's graduation.

There we are, waiting in line at the gate, tickets in hand. I'll get to Joe tomorrow, but me? I am ready for the 5 1/2 hour flight. We have a 50 minute flight to Atlanta, a 45 minute layover, which is really no layover at all, because you have to get off the plane, cross the huge airport and get onto your plane. Hustle, Hustle. And of course the 4 hour flight to San Francisco.

So back to me (lol). What am I wearing, and what do I have with me? Let's take a peek.



I'm wearing a striped V neck top and skinny jeans with black wedges. I've got my cocktail ring (yay for sparkles!) and my hoop earrings on. In my polka dot roller bag (I only carry on) I've got clothes for 5 days. More on that to come. I also have my makeup, which for today consists of the Laura Mercier Flawess Face Kit, Cargo Eyeshadow and Lorac Liquid Eyeliner, with a Stila Pomegranate Lip and Cheek Stain. I'm trying to look presentable, not made up.

In my Coach bag, with my Coach wallet (I know, what a snob!) I've got my Dasani water, my Ipod and a fashion magazine in case I get bored. I also have my zebra print scarf, because it gets chilly on the plane. I also have our plane tickets, our ID's and our spending money!

So Joe and I passed security, we have made it through the ticket booth, and we are finding our way to our seats. Since it's a little commuter plane we are lucky and get the row of 3 seats to ourselves. Joe takes the aisle seat for more elbow room (watch that drink cart!) and I get the window seat, yippee! Since it's 6 in the morning I get to watch Charleston get smaller and smaller until I can't make out anything but trees.

Joe settles into his seat half asleep and I have my headphones on listening to Bob Marley. When the flight attendant (is that what we are calling them now? I get confused) comes by to get our drinks, Joe orders an orange juice and I go for my standard in-flight drink, Ginger Ale. Party Time!

And just as we are getting settled in, "Ladies and Gentleman we are now beginning our descent. Please bring your tray tables and seats to an upright and locked position. Please turn off any electrical devices and stow any luggage under the seat in front of you or in the overhead storage bin. We will be landing in Atlanta Georgia in approximately 10 minutes." Weeeeeeeee!!! Landing!!!!!!!!!

Come back tomorrow to see what Joe is up to, and if we make the flight to San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment